Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day-to-day... Day one

On top of letting everyone in on my adventures, I too will post about my everyday life. The good, the bad and the not so pretty. Easier said than done right? I promise to make every honest effort of putting all of me on this page. I am more than just lion conquering, though its becoming a big part of who Brandi is, it isn't all of me yet. This post in and of itself is a step towards the chasing of lions. I have always been closed off emotionally to a lot of people for a lot of my life. This wont be easy, but I'm stepping out there.

So,

Aug 24th 2010 it's 11:30, I'm @ lunch writing this post. Tons of things are running through my mind. Some important, some not as important as others. Some fleeting around like; What am I having for dinner tonight? Or, I like the song on the radio. Two are lasting.

First openness. Just how open am I willing to be? Sure I made the promise of being honest about who I am. but it would be easy to leave out even just the tiny things. No one would know... Except myself and most importantly God.

The second is; Kindness. Kindness is an easy word to say, not always an easy action to take. I have been earnestly trying to be better at showing kindness to others. Not just those who are kind in return, but especially those who are not. I made this choice about a month ago and a few weeks in there was a lesson on kindness in my small group at church. Funny how God works those in at just the right times.God does not request us to be kind, he demands it. Kindness in and of itself is a form of love. Christ said "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." So how do I put that into play? Well, negative thoughts lead to negative actions. If I want to be kind I have to change my unkind thoughts into kind ones. Again not so easy. I have noticed how negative my thinking can be towards certain people. That has to stop. I HAVE to purge myself of nasty hatefulness.  So, that said here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment