Saturday, January 8, 2011

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Unknown

At the beginning of each year most people find themselves wondering what the new year will bring. Will they find success. Will something tragic happen. Will they keep their new years resolutions. Or could it be just another year.

I find myself wanting to say so much, but not really sure what it is I want to say. I want to make this year profound. I want 'it' to mean something. Not just to me, but to all I share my days with. I wish I could blog everyday with something new and amazing to give to those who may or may not read this. I want to leave some kind of significant mark.

In the past 40 days or so I have said goodbye to three people. The first was someone I hadn't really spoken to in about 15 years, and at that I don't think I could say that Trevor was more than someone I knew from gradeschool. Still yet, I find myself thinking about him and what kinda of signigicant mark he left. For a fairly small community to loose someone so young, leaves a lasting impression. His mark, whatever that may look like has been left. The second would be my dad's Aunt Betty. I remember her being sweet at all times. She was older, and lived a long and full life. Family and friends will remember her for her kind and loving heart. She left her mark. The third and most recent being (another of my dad's aunts) Edith. I type this section with a heavy heart. She was a wonderful lady. Always ready to accept anyone into the family. When my own grandmother (her sister) passed in 1998, her and another Aunt did all they could to take the place of their sister. Plenty of laughs and memories to look back on. She too left her mark.

I can not say with certainty what all my future has in store. Or what kind of mark I will make for myself. However, I do know that the best way to predict the future is to create it, and that we live our lives the way we live our days.

John M. Richardson Jr is quoted as saying, "When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: Those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened."

I know which type I want to be. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment