Thursday, February 17, 2011

Something New -- Miracle Mask

Well I'm trying something new... I will be the first to admit that I am obsessed with Pinterest. Sometimes I try new things like recipes, makeup techniques and beauty/spa treatments. When I try something that I feel is note worthy I will share with you.

First up: Miracle Mask

It's simple, smells wonderful and works like... well a miracle!

The mix:

Two teaspoons of honey (I used a crystallized honey which gave a great scrub texture)

One teaspoon ground cinnamon

One teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix well, spread over face, and relax for 30 minutes. Then rinse off with warm water while rubbing in small circles.

The why: Honey softens your skin by moisturizing. Honey also helps reduce acne scars and calms your face by reducing redness. Cinnamon Is actually an antiseptic. Meaning it will kill the pesky bacteria causing pimples and acne. The texture of the cinnamon adds some texture that will help scrub out and cleanse your pores. Lastly, nutmeg is an anti-inflammatory. Also, nutmeg helps in reducing acne scars.

The outcome:

Smooth, soft, clean skin!! Even after applying my daily tinting of foundation, powder and eye color my face doesn't feel heavy. I will definitely be doing this one again. My skin can be sensitive, but the honey worked great at soothing and cleaning my face. I didn't even feel the need to use a moisturizer afterwords.

The look:





Recommendations:

I would test the underside of your wrist first. Just incase you have an adverse reaction to the cinnamon or nutmeg.

No comments:

Post a Comment