Monday, January 9, 2012

Friends, Wisdom, Moving and A Feeling

Friends:

Proverbs 18:24 'Some friendships do not last, but some friends are more loyal than brothers.'

    I am blessed to have loyal friends. They are always there when called upon. They fill me with love, encouragement, wisdom, and the best laughs. I recently went through some emotional changes. My friends were there every step of the way. Sometimes when I called upon them and sometimes when I needed them but didn't have to ask. That's how amazing they are (and my God who sent them). Some don't realize how they have helped me grow. For those that do, Thank You! For those that don't I know God will bless them.


Wisdom:

Proverbs 11:14 'Where there is no guidance, a people will fall, but in an abundance of counsels there is safety.'
Proverbs 19:20 'Listen to the advice and accept instruction that you may gain wisdom in the future."

    I have soaked in an abundance of wisdom as of late. Occasionally God imparts wisdom onto those who can give it in the most loving and encouraging ways.Other times we have to experience things in order to gain this wisdom on our own. A lot of times we confuse wisdom with judgment, we must remember that  all true wisdom is just divine advice given by our Heavenly Father and to discern which we are given we have to take it to the Lord in prayer. For He never fails when you listen with a Faithful ear.


Moving:

Philippians 1:6 'Being confident of this very thing, that He who began Good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ.'
Matthew 5:6 'Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for the righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

    Christ is always moving. Sometimes we choose not to follow close enough so we get off track. But Christ is constant and there, always moving. I feel him moving me, molding me, working me until I one day am perfect. I again, at last, taste that hunger in the pit of my soul, that thirst scratches at my throat, but one sweet day I will be wholly satisfied in the presence of God Almighty.

A Feeling:

Psalm 37:4-5 'Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; Trust in Him, and He will act.

    One day I shall get the full extent of my hearts desire. I know this with every fiber of my being. A friend gave me some advice not so long ago "Don't put God on a timeline." A wise friend indeed.  Of course this is true, God works in God's time not ours. I have in the past tried all I could to put my timeline in the mix. How pitiful to think I could schedule better than God. Well, I will "Take it easy" and sit this one out. I will wait for God to tell me when. At that moment my heart shall fully understand any and all 'why' I have ever asked. Until that day arrives I will rejoice and praise God's promise to the Faithful.

    








No comments:

Post a Comment