Monday, February 14, 2011

LoveDay EveryDay

Today is a day (Valentines Day) of either expressing your love for your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/fiance

oorrrr, it is a day of remembering how lame you feel for being (what seems like the only one for 100 miles), dare I say it...... single.

Usually I am the latter... OK every year of my life I have been the latter.

BUT this year (in a sudden epiphany at lunch today) I have decided to spend the day appreciating the One who has provided an endless love for me (and anyone else who chooses to accept it).  The One of course being God.

One of my favorite verses is

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is in your midst,
a Mighty One who will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you by His love;
He will exult over you with loud singing.

Reading this verse reminds me of God's love and un-dieing devotion to always be with us, to always use His
strength to save us, He will use His love to calm us, and to (by His voice) raise us up and make us better than
we could ever actually be.

God is so loving (the only One who can honestly say that His love is unconditional), His promises will
never fail, He gives an endless supply of flowers, sends birds to fill our days with music, has given the
ultimate gift (the only true Knight in Shining Armor), He made the sky twinkle better than any diamond
(which He made also, but we don't have to pay for the stars), He has written a book full of love letters, with
all of that (and so much more that I could never actually have time and space to write out) who needs any
other Valentine???


No comments:

Post a Comment